Re: Word97 bugs

Subject: Re: Word97 bugs
From: Iain Harrison <iharrison -at- SCT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:12:31 GMT

Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- WF -dot- NET> wrote:

MICROSOFT OFFICE
The Office 97 Service Release, a whopping 7MB download
requiring some 30MB of free disk space, ...
It is available free at

http://www.microsoft.com/office/office97/servicerelease
<<

True, but I'm led to believe that Microsoft have not fixed all the
bugs in this patch, and that there is a far better option available if
you have a retail (ie not OEM) version of Office 97.

Phone Microsoft and ask for the free replacement CD-ROM with the fixed
version of Office 97. Don't be fobbed off with the patch on CD-ROM,
the disk I'm talking about is the full install of the fixed Office 97,
and has more fixes in it that the patch has.

Some Microsofties deny the existence of theis CD, but it does exist.
Sadly, as I have an OEM version, I can't get it.

Iain Harrison