Using Adobe Acrobat and Lotus Notes

Subject: Using Adobe Acrobat and Lotus Notes
From: James Bauman <James -dot- Bauman -at- SAFETY-KLEEN -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 13:35:06 -0500

From: James Bauman on 10/10/97 01:35 PM

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
cc:

Our corporate office wants to distribute various manuals to branch users
all over the U.S. in an on-line format. The preliminary plan is to create
databases on Lotus Notes that hold the manuals in a .pdf format. Then, a
copy of the Acrobat Reader would be sent to each branch as an executable
attachment via Lotus Notes. After the Reader is installed on their
machines and the users want to see an on-line manual, they would
double-click a Lotus Notes database icon and start viewing .pdf files.

Has anyone had experience with using Adobe Acrobat and Lotus Notes in this
way or a similar way? I'd be very interested to hear your experiences.

Jim Bauman
IS Technical Publications

mailto:jbauman -at- safety-kleen -dot- com