Call for Conference Papers

Subject: Call for Conference Papers
From: Michael Gos <GOS -at- DT3 -dot- DT -dot- UH -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 16:15:01 -0500

The Southwest/Texas Popular Culture Association is accepting proposals for
papers in the Technical Writing area for its January conference in Lubbock, TX.
We are particularly interested in hearing talks from active practitioners of
technical writing. Subject matter must have a cultural angle (for example,
tech writing and corporate culture, tech writing and American or international
culture, or tech writing and its affect on the general public.). Past papers
have examined tech writing in our litigious culture, how tech writers gain and
lose power within the corporate culture, and the effect of globalization on the
writing of manuals.

Please submit a 200-250 word proposal by October 30 (snail mail please) to:

Dr. Michael Gos
Department of English
University of Houston-Downtown
One Main Street
Houston, TX 77002

The conference will take place January 29-31 on the campus of Texas Tech.
Questions or further info, e-mail gos -at- dt -dot- uh -dot- edu