off topic - pdf file into pagemaker 6.0

Subject: off topic - pdf file into pagemaker 6.0
From: LARS BRADLEY <vitex -at- PHOENIX -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 11:49:45 -0500

Howdy,

I need some professional advice:

I'm about to start laying out a 500 page manual. Out of the 500 I need to
scan 380 graphics. Then the client turns around and provided me with a pdf
file containing the 500 pages.
My questions are the following:

1.) the final file is to be in pagemaker, but he wants to use the graphics
from the pdf file into the new manual. is this possible??

2.) can I edit the pdf file and keep the graphics intact???

3.) can I copy the graphics from a pdf file into pagemaker???

4.) if I could copy the graphincs out of the pdf file will it hurt
quality????

Thanks in advance!

Lars

V I T E X
Brazilian Portuguese Technical Translations
P.o. Box:750143
Houston, Texas 77275-0143 U.S.A.
Phone:281.315.71.82
Fax:281.484.01.26