Re: Programs new tech writers should know

Subject: Re: Programs new tech writers should know
From: Kris Olberg <kjolberg -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 19:36:18 -0500

----------
> From: Emily Cotlier <Cotlier -at- JBLSMTP -dot- PHL -dot- LRPUB -dot- COM>
>
> This is a mistake I don't want to make again! I want to go into a
> job/new place knowing at least the most important programs. Any advice
> is welcome! FYI, I am in the Philadelphia area.

IMHO, focus on companies that focus on your ability to communicate, not use
tools. Any company worth its salt will offer training on its set of tools.

Some food for thought: When you call a plumber, do you ask the plumber if
he can use a pipe wrench?

Regards... "please-don't-flame-me-for-the-sexist-comment" Kris