No such thing as secure .pdf files

Subject: No such thing as secure .pdf files
From: TRIAD Services <TRIADserv -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 06:11:20 -0400

In a message dated 97-10-21 19:35:09 EDT, bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM writes:

<< Is it possible to create .pdf files that you can print but _can't_ cut
and paste from? I have a need for something like that. >>

Technically, this is impossible. If you can view any document on the screen,
you can always do a screen capture of it. Even though the "paste" would be a
graphic, it could be legible placed into other applications.

Also, a screen capture / cut & paste could be put into another application,
such as PageMaker, and printed from there. Likewise, if you place the PDF
into Adobe Illustrator or as a linked object in another program, it may
print.