Job Title

Subject: Job Title
From: jmalone1 <jmalone1 -at- FLASH -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 08:21:15 -0700

This question seems a little goofy, but still important, to me:

I accepted a job at a startup yesterday, and in preparing the offer
letter, the CEO asked me what I'd like my job title to be. Since the
company hopes to grow, so that I'd recruit other writers to help me -
and manage them - I suggested "Manager of Technical Publications." He
pointed out that in addition to hardcopy and online, I'd also be doing
training materials, datasheets, magazine articles, etc., etc.,...

So I suggested "Manager of Technical Communications." That didn't seem
to quite encompass the totality of the thing, but we left it at that.

So, my questions is, are there any current nifty job titles current out
there for this sort of thing?