Reply to M. Dannenberg

Subject: Reply to M. Dannenberg
From: Phil Brittenham <pbritten -at- TECHREPS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 16:28:10 -0600

Mike -

Of course, you're right, and I am pessimistic, maybe a little disappointed
in the 20th century so far, too. However, when I look at some of the
outrageous claims behind some of these technologies, I wonder that the
companies buying these products are so naive. Remember the guys who got all
excited that grammar checkers were going to let them get rid of their
editors? Yes, some wretched tech writer will find employment at some future
time putting all the pieces of things back together. I spoke to some
indexers a while back, and they were also quite happy to learn that someday
someone will likely have to dig into all the garbage on intranets and do
intelligent indexing on it.
pb