Re: TECH: Trouble installing Distiller Asst.

Subject: Re: TECH: Trouble installing Distiller Asst.
From: Hans Lonissen <lonis -at- EURONET -dot- NL>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 12:51:43 +0200

Branchaud, Paul wrote:

> Greetings all.
>
> I am trying to install Adobe Acrobat 3.0 on my system with mixed
> reactions. The readme file says I need to have the Windows 95
> PSCRIPT.DRV driver installed if I want to be able to properly install
> Distiller Assistant. The first installation attempt resulted in a
> warning because the driver wasn't installed. The subsequent attempts
> (since the driver was installed) have resulted in an error message that
> says "DISTASST.PS is not a valid port name" when the installation
> program tries to configure the printer port for use with Distiller
> Assistant (at 80% completion). The inability to create the DISTASST.PS
> printer port prevents me from installing the Adobe PS 4.1 driver, which
> is mentionned in the readme.

Hi Paul,

Have you already installed Acrobat itself? If I remember well, I myself
first installed Acrobat (complete installation) which made a "printer"
called "\DISTASST.PS". After that I installed the Adobe PS 4.1 driver
for this printer without any trouble.
--
Hans Lonissen, SIG / PALGA
Tel: +31 30 2345 184 / Fax: +31 30 2345 199 / home: +31 10 465 79 04