QUESTION: Word 97 outline numbering problems?

Subject: QUESTION: Word 97 outline numbering problems?
From: Jill Burgchardt <jburgcha -at- PESTILENCE -dot- ITC -dot- NRCS -dot- USDA -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 07:56:07 -0600

Is anyone else finding this buggy and unpredictable? We've
installed the SR-1 update and still are having problems. It
appears to work until we edit or update an outline, then the
numbering styles and levels change unpredictably.

Anyone else experienced this and found a solution? (By the way,
we have virus protection and have done a comprehensive virus scan
to eliminate possibility of virus causing this problem. One
person checked and found the same behavior on his home machine.)

Thanks, Jill Burgchardt
jburgcha -at- pestilence -dot- itc -dot- nrcs -dot- usda -dot- gov