Re: Documentation Usability Surveys

Subject: Re: Documentation Usability Surveys
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:33:58 -0500

I thought this was a great idea.
I had a professor who insisted on using even numbers in scales
(i.e., 6 instead of 5) so that people had to come down for or against.
Many people, he said, opt for neutral whenever it's an option.

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)
durl -at- buffnet -dot- net

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, JGREY wrote:
> At one company I worked for, we developed a short oral survey and
> delivered it via telephone to our customers. This was an amazing
> experience from which we received terriffic feedback.
- snip- >
> 3. Write quantifiable questions but be prepared to scribble down raw
> comments. The 1-to-5 satisfaction scale questions gave us hard evidence
> from which to make decisions, but the raw comments really drove some
> points home.
>
> Peace,
> jim

If it's about technical communication--post it! If not, don't!