Re: USAGE: "Therefore" and "thus"

Subject: Re: USAGE: "Therefore" and "thus"
From: Roger Williams <Roger -dot- Williams -at- GTNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 10:01:14 GMT

In article <8525653D -dot- 005E0C54 -dot- 00 -at- web_srv -dot- coreco -dot- com>, Emru Townsend
<emru -at- CORECO -dot- COM> writes:

|> Anyway, my question: in many of the documents, I see gleeful overuse of
|> "therefore" and "thus."

[...]

|> I'm currently looking for
|> ways around these terms, but most of the time, I'm stumped.

- Carol, Len and the others are right: if you just cut the "therefore" and
"thus" out, the meaning often comes across just as well.

However:

synonyms: (depending on context)

so
which means that / This means that
then

rewrite synonyms:

as
because
since

- put at the head of the initial clause -

I personally like "so" and "as".