Re: WORD bolding annoyance in my docs

Subject: Re: WORD bolding annoyance in my docs
From: Virginia Day <Virginia_Day -at- DATACARD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 09:59:19 -0600

Nancy,

Check your settings for Tools:Revisions (and the Options dialog).
Word (that control freak) might have decided to help you identify your
changes by setting Mark Revisions While Editing and choosing Bold for
Inserted Text. You might also check File:Template to make sure you do
not have Automatically Update Document Styles selected. That could
pull Revision settings from the template into your doc and not allow
you to turn them off.

Regards, Virginia

Subject: WORD bolding annoyance in my docs
Author: "McDonald; Nancy (The Registry)" <McDonalN -at- LCI -dot- COM> at Internet
Date: 10/28/97 10:17 AM

Hi, techwhirlers... I'm getting quite annoyed with my current task
today, and wondering if anyone has had this experience and knows what
might be causing/solving this problem:

I'm editing a document, and have both old and new, separate versions
appearing in Word97 on my screen, (I chose window/arrange all). I'm
copying from the edited version and pasting into the older version by
simply selecting w/ my mouse, ^C then ^V into my older version..

Every time I paste in the edit, it becomes bold in the version to be
edited. WHY????? I don't know. (he's on third.)

I've checked both docs: no bold toolbar button visible. So then I have
to put in ANOTHER stroke--to unbold... This is VERY annoying, and
distracting to my editing. I'm wondering what might be causing this
problem.

Any clues?

Nancy McDonald,
tech writer