STUDENT SURVEY, again

Subject: STUDENT SURVEY, again
From: Stephanie Mace <Macengent -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 17:57:21 -0500

Thanks to those of you who informed me of the "netiquette" of not
sending attachments. I apologize for not anticipating that it may come out
garbled.
Following is the survey of the kind of writing that is done in the
technical writing field and how often it is used. I am interested in any
response you can provide. Thanks to those who are able to take the time to
reply. Please reply directly to my personal address at:
macengent -at- aol -dot- com -dot-

SMace
Weber State University, UT

SURVEY OF TECHNICAL WRITING

This survey is meant to gather information for an informative report on
the field of technical writing. Its purpose is to examine what types of
writing are done, how often documents are written and who the audiences of
the documents are. The information obtained from this survey will be used
only for research purposes within the college classroom setting.
Please answer the questions at your soonest convenience and reply by
Monday, November 3, 1997.

1. What is the name of your company?

2. What is your job title?

3. What are your job responsibilities?

4. What is your educational background?

5. What types of documents do you write and / or edit AND how frequently do
you
write and / or edit them? (i.e. daily, weekly, monthly, quartley,
annually)

6. Who is the audience for the documents?

7. What formats are used for the documents?

8. What types of deadlines do you face?

9. How much time do you spend in research during an average work day?
(i.e. 1 hour or less, 1-3 hours, 3-5 hours, 5-8 hours)

10. How much time do you spend writing and/or editing during an average
workday?

11. What skills are needed to fulfill your writing responsibilities?

12. Do you write for publication?
If yes, how much time do you spend in writing the publishable
material?
What is the topic of focus of your publishable writing?

13. Do you collaborate on projects?
If yes, with how many other people?
Is it productive and / or beneficial?

14. If you are willing and / or able to attach a sample of your writing,
please do so.