I apologize to the list

Subject: I apologize to the list
From: Anne Halsey <JMH42 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 01:11:25 -0500

Hi, all.

I feel obliged to apologize to Eric and to the entire list.
When I naively responded to a request for information about
what employers looked for in an entry-level writer candidate
with a story from my own professional past, I had no idea those
enterprising degree war-mongers (degree-war mongers??) would
find a way to turn a legitimate inquiry and response into yet another
iteration of a very tired holy war.

So ... if my response to the original inquiry in any way contributed,
I am truly sorry.

But I toss this thought into the fray - how many 'whirlers refrain,
out of fear of opening the gates to war-mongers, from contributing
their excellent opinions and experience to a legitimate thread?
I'm afraid many hold silent ... and that is a shame.

Anne Halsey
jmh42 -at- aol -dot- com