Re: Oh, no -- the degree wars again!

Subject: Re: Oh, no -- the degree wars again!
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 09:21:11 +0100

Degree doesn't matter (except to some employers who may use it as a means
of cutting down interview lists!). I did my degree nearly 20 years ago now
and even in the department people couldn't decide exactly what it was -
some said we'd be engineers, some programmers, some .... The one I liked
best was the Prof's definition who described it (Cybernetics) as "the art
of communication in man, machine and animal" - I think that's a pretty good
definition of a tech writer!!

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International