Frame 5.5 for Windows question/possible bug

Subject: Frame 5.5 for Windows question/possible bug
From: "Tony A. Emond" <tonye -at- OPTIMAL-ROBOTICS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 08:58:43 -0500

Hi. I am quite new to the list, so forgive me if this particular point has been raised before.

I am using FrameMaker 5.5 for Windows (on NT 4) and am running into a bit of a problem when I try and create user variables. To put it succintly, I can't get them to work. If I insert a user variable into a document, say a variable called "Chapter" whose definition is "<$paranumonly[ChapterNumber]>", the result will not be the Chapter variable, but "<$paranumonly".

Is anyone else running into the same sort of problem?

Cheers,
TAE