Scanners

Subject: Scanners
From: "Hellerman, Philip" <PHELLERM -at- ALLDATA -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:51:24 -0600

Hello:

A search of the archives yields a post from 12/96 identifying 3 brands
of scanners. Can anyone on the list comment about their quality? Can you
recommend any other brands or models? How much should I budget? Anyone
know of a URL containin scanner review documents?

I want to scan legacy documentation into MS/Word format for ultimate
publication on an IntraNet. Color is not an issue.

The models mentioned in the earlier post were as follows:

UMAX - Vista S12 (Also Astra 600S)
HP ScanJet 4C
Microtech ScanMaker E6Pro

Thanks for your help.