Re: Anyone work 4-10 hour days?

Subject: Re: Anyone work 4-10 hour days?
From: Kelly Plamp <kellysue -at- KELLY-SUE -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 16:43:30 -0800

I work for a company that has flex scheduling. Employees make their own hours, as long as those hours meet the needs of the assigned clients. I can work ten hours a day four days a week if I like. One of the programmers works 6:00 am to 2:00 pm five days, some people work Saturdays, I left to be the room mother for my son's class at the Halloween party, etc. etc. Of course in return sometimes we all work an evening or a saturday when needed to meet a deadline. We all cover for each other when one of us is missing.

I have chosen to work a 50 hour week, and I work 8-5 Mon through Fri, and then I put in a couple of extra hours a day at home in the evenings after my son is in bed.

All employees are paid hourly, with time and a half for anything more than 80 hours in two weeks. Employees are welcome to work overtime as needed, and working from home is also not a problem as long as your clients are cared for properly.

This can be a challenge for everyone at times because covering each other can get complicated, but overall I think it's terrific and I'm very happy with it!

Best regards,
Kelly Plamp
Computer Management Technologies