online help via FrameMaker

Subject: online help via FrameMaker
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 20:13:51 -0500

Hillary Jones <hillary -at- NICHIMEN -dot- COM>

>My boss has come up with a way for us to do our online help >through FrameMaker. He wants us to do little "snippets" of >graphics and text--each within its own Frame file, and then >import them by reference into a module (which would be in >another Frame file. Then export that module as HTML or RTF and >use a "browser" that a guy here is developing in-house to >compile and display the help.

This sounds like reinventing not only the wheel, but the road as well.

Why not use FrameViewer or Acrobat? Either one would be easier than the
process your boss wants to sue.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 688-6211 L. 290

"Sometimes you wake up. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes,
when you fall, you fly."
--Neil Gaiman, "Fear of Falling"