Re: Bold, Italics, etc.

Subject: Re: Bold, Italics, etc.
From: Gurudutt Kamath <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 09:39:11 +0530

On Sat, 1 Nov 1997, Nea Dodson wrote:

> information to be typed in bold italic small caps (enter your _*LOCATION
> IDENTIFICATION NUMBER*_)
>
> I'm lobbying against that last part, which I think looks awful, but so far
> I'm being outvoted by the rest of the team.

Bold, italics, and small caps. I call this triple emphasis _triple
emphasis_TRIPLE EMPHASIS. According to me an error of technical writing.
I agree with you that it looks awful and above all does not make any
sense. When styles are adopted great care should be taken to ensure that
such errors do not take place. The emphasis should be just right.

Guru (a great fan of Strunk & White, who was shown a book on architectural
style, when he asked for the great book)

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath (India's first site on technical
writing)
TWIN - Technical Writers of India Mailing List (site/twin.htm)
#TWIN Chat on Thus and Sats 9.15 p.m and a.m. IST (site/chat.htm)