TOCs with PDFs

Subject: TOCs with PDFs
From: "Kyle, Charlie" <ckyle -at- EISI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 15:51:46 -0500

Hi All,
What an arcane Subject title. The scary thing is most of you will know
what it means.
Our users guides are large documents, generally 3-600 pages with lots of
graphics. We are evaluating how to distribute them on CD ROM. We like
the output from Adobe Acrobat but our BIG question right now is, "How
can you automatically generate a table of contents from the MS Word
table of contents for the Adobe Acrobate PDF files?" We don't want to
manually insert bookmarks for each heading. Is there a 3rd party tools
that can do this?
Thanks,
Charlie Kyle
ckyle -at- eisi -dot- com