Re: TOCs with PDFs

Subject: Re: TOCs with PDFs
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- DJTTD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 21:29:09 GMT

I will second that. I've been using Compose for about a year and find it
absolutely indispensible. It doesn't work with the Word file--I generates a
bookmark list directly in the PDF, so you can work with PDF files that were
generated with any application.

It has many other useful features as well-for example, you can use it to
easily merge many PDFs into one (you can do this manually, but Compose makes
it much easier). If your PDF file has a TOC in it, you can use Compose to
make the page numbers live jumps to the pages.

If you work with PDF files you need this utility.

BTW, I have no connection with Ambia, I'm just a very satisfied customer.

Regards
Keith

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997 15:07:45 -0600, you wrote:

> Try Compose from Ambia. I have not used the tool but am planning to
> evaluate it soon--for the same reasons as you. Find them at
> www.ambia.com. I heard about Compose on the list a few weeks ago.
>
> Regards, Virginia

Keith Soltys -- ksoltys -at- djttd -dot- com -- http://www.interlog.com/~ksoltys/
Senior Technical Writer, Technical Development, Dow Jones Markets Inc.
Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you;
if you don't bet, you can't win. --Robert A. Heinlein