RoboHelp 5

Subject: RoboHelp 5
From: Diane Blake <Diane_M -dot- _Blake -at- TSPB -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 11:51:35 -0600

I finally got RoboHelp 5 to work. Here are some issues that you need to
consider:

1. It does not work well at all with Word 95. You need to switch to 97.
2. You do need to use the Windows uninstall (from control panel) to get rid
of RoboHelp 4 (or whatever) before installing RoboHelp 5.0. Otherwise, it
will not be able to convert your projects. Note: Although the manual says
you can have both versions on your machine, I guess they did not try it.
3. If your project is big, you need a computer with a lot of memory. The
machine that I'm running it on now has a 2 GB hard drive and 166 Mhz CPU.

Why do you want it? It was changed a lot this time.

Indexing can be done from one place and you can add several documents to an
index entry at once.
The Find function lets you look by topic name, not context ID; it lets you
look through all your documents; it lets you search for text in your topic
names; it lets you search by date.
The Explorer lets you look at everything at once, like topics, aliases,
etc.
There are a lot more messages for things that need to be fixed. For
example, when I opened the project I got a duplicate context ID message.
These are just some of my favorites.

Note: If you are changing to Word 97, the templates are different. You need
to use the Word organizer to pull in your old styles. Otherwise you will
get strange behavior from RoboHelp. (Need I mention that you have to
install Word before RoboHelp?)

Diane_Blake -at- tspb -dot- com