guidelines for technical reviewers

Subject: guidelines for technical reviewers
From: "CJACOBS.US.ORACLE.COM" <CJACOBS -at- US -dot- ORACLE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 05:08:18 -0800

No doubt all of you have experience with technical reviewers who return
review
packets late, or not at all, or not containing the kind of review comments
that you were hoping for.

In an effort to improve this situation, my writing group hopes to prepare a
short document that offers guidelines to our technical reviewers, who
include
people in Development, Quality Assurance, Support, and Product Management.

The sorts of tips that we'd like to include in our document are:

- read thoroughly for clarity and technical accuracy

- if the review packet contains procedures, perform those procedures in the
product, rather than just reading them

- if the review packet describes dialog boxes, display those dialog boxes
and
compare the product to the document

- do not review for grammar, spelling, etc., as we have an editor who
corrects
that

Has anyone written such a document for their technical reviewers that they
would be willing to share? Does anyone know of any sources that we could
consult?

If you have any information, please respond just to me at:

cjacobs -at- us -dot- oracle -dot- com

I will collect all responses and post a summary.

Thanks for your help.