Sending PDF Files and Acrobat Reader Via Lotus Notes/Can It be Done?

Subject: Sending PDF Files and Acrobat Reader Via Lotus Notes/Can It be Done?
From: David Hirschler <DGHirschler -at- AUTOMATEDLOGIC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:42:26 -0500

Yes, we do this to provide PDF files to our worldwide dealer network over
the Internet via Lotus Domino. We make the PDF a file attachment in a
Lotus Notes document (one PDF file per document). Since Acrobat Reader can
be distributed freely, we have attached the Reader installation files (for
Win 3.1 and Win 95) to the "About this database" item in the Help menu.

Incidentally, we also include an OLE object of the PDF file (right below
the file attachment), displayed as Rich Text for the sole purpose of
allowing users to search every word of every file in the database. We have
also discovered recently that the Notes "compression" feature may corrupt
the PDF files, which are already compressed. Unfortunately, there is no
.ini setting that can permanently disable file compression, so you must
manually turn compression off every time you attach a file.

>Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:23:03 -0500
>From: Charissa N Mc Swain <cnmcswai -at- DUKE-ENERGY -dot- COM>
>Subject: Sending PDF Files and Acrobat Reader Via Lotus Notes/Can It be
Done?