Re: Not selecting...

Subject: Re: Not selecting...
From: "Papa, Amy" <PapaA -at- COMCELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:47:10 -0500

"Deselect" -- also makes me cringe. I have edited docs with "un-select"
as well (imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I always use "click to clear the Bookmarks check box."

The orgainization that I work for is so Microsoft-happy that I have
repeatedly used the Microsoft Manual of Style as my style guide on
issues like this one. Since there are no other writers here in the MIS
department to consult with, this book has become like my right arm. It
tells me what syntax and convention (bold, italic, etc.) Microsoft uses
for their documentation. I use it daily. It is a great resource (if
you can tolerate being told how to write by Microsoft) and is only $25
from Microsoft Press. Write to me if you want more info about the book.

Amy Papa
Comcast Cellular Communications, Inc.
Technical Writer; MIS Department
papaa -at- comcell -dot- com