Re: Acronyms--RTFM

Subject: Re: Acronyms--RTFM
From: Roy Jacobsen <rjacobse -at- GPS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 09:53:28 -0600

I wasn't going to add to this. Really I wasn't. However...

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997 11:25:00 -0800, Wilcox, John (WWC, Contractor)
wrote:

>4. Be clear. RTM is clear.

Umm. Sorry, but it isn't. Internally, (which is the only place I'd use
RTFM) we use RTM for Release To Manufacturing. If I told someone to RTM,
they would NOT think about the manual.

Anyway, I always tell people that RTFM stands for "Read The Fine
Manual." You could substitute "fabulous" for "fine" if you wanted.

Regards,
Roy M. Jacobsen
Editor
Great Plains Software