Of HTML Frames, WebWorks, and FrameMaker

Subject: Of HTML Frames, WebWorks, and FrameMaker
From: Brian Heifner <bheifner -at- RATIONAL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 13:17:38 -0800

Background:
I have a document set that contains multiple manuals. Each manual
is going to be displayed in a three frame HTML document. The frames
contain a header bar, a toc, and then the default "main" frame (you
click on the toc and the "main" frame changes).

When you access the file that sets up the frames, you always get the
same three files displayed. For clarity I will call this document
"frames.html".

Problem:
Is there a way to specify the file displayed in the "main" frame
when accessing the frames.html document?

For example, you are in one manual and you click on a command name
to see a description in the Command Reference manual. We want the
Command Reference title bar, the toc, *and the chapter* that has that
command description to be displayed.

Has anybody done this using FrameMaker and WebWorks? Is there
a better way to do this? Do I make sense?

Brian.