hardware for Framemaker

Subject: hardware for Framemaker
From: "LaTorra, Michael" <MLaTorra -at- SCGROUPINC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 08:22:36 -0700

I used Frame running on a UNIX workstation from HP. It was wonderful (I
wish I were still using it!). However, I realize that most people are
limited to using either PCs or Macs. In that case, I would recommend a
Mac. Why? Fewer problems. And I mean problems associated with issues
such as fonts, system errors, and other basic stuff, not anything
inherent to the design of Framemaker itself, but rather to its
platform-specific implementation.

On the Frame users listserv, I kept track of which platforms were
associated with the most problems. PCs were far and away the most
trouble prone. Macs were considerably less so. And UNIX boxes had the
fewest problems of all for Frame users.

Michael LaTorra
Technical Writer

SCGroup Incorporated
7777 Market Center Avenue
El Paso, Texas 79912-8412
USA

Tel: 915-877-3900
Fax: 915-877-7296
E-Mail: MLATORRA -at- SCGROUPINC -dot- COM