Re: Controlling translation costs

Subject: Re: Controlling translation costs
From: Betty Keddy <bkeddy -at- MC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 12:26:03 -0500

About five years ago while I was writing for Digital Equipment
Corporation's International Systems Engineering group (before I was "right sized"),
they published "Developing International User Information," a book for
writers, editors, and graphic designers. It provides help in planning for
localization and translation, as well as for designing, writing and illustrating
international user information. The ISBN number is DP ISBN 1-5558-84-X
if anyone is interested. I think it is still available. I know that
another book from that group on developing international software, which was
created about the same time, is still available.

Regards,
Betty