Re: Liability for manuals?

Subject: Re: Liability for manuals?
From: Smokey Lynne L Bare <slbare -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 22:33:20 -0500

Tom,

Your comments are very true. I am registered with the bar association in
our state as an 'expert witness' for a particular field. I have
testified for both sides in a wide range of cases for our state's county
court systems. The bottom line, outside of the verbal fluff, falls to
the word of 'neglect'. To prove 'neglect' whether it be pre- or
post-event, is where the judges' (from the cases I have been involved in)
decisions seem to stem. After seeing what happens on the 'neglect'
issue, I changed my coaching style for a sport I compete in, my
management style, my approach with SMEs on material I alone write, and
anything which I initial as approved.

Just an FYI.

SLBare