Re: Dummies books and more on "Idiot Audience"

Subject: Re: Dummies books and more on "Idiot Audience"
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- ENG -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 10:23:49 -0800

"Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>

hit the nail on the head:

>Based on reader feedback on one book in particular--the
>HTML for Dummies Quick Reference--our audience includes
>a substantial chunk of the readers of this list, HTML
>teachers and trainers, and a healthy proportion of
>12-14 year olds (!) from around the world.

Those who are put off by the Dummies label should consider
the content and purpose of the book more carefully.

I was using computers before most of the people on this
list were born and I own several Dummies books, including
a well-used Windows 95 for Dummies.

Bob Morrisette
writer1 -at- Eng -dot- sun -dot- com