Re: Dummies books and more on "Idiot Audience"

Subject: Re: Dummies books and more on "Idiot Audience"
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 11:20:44 -0800

At 01:22 PM 11/17/97 -0500, T. Gantt wrote:

>People with poorly developed egos and no
>sense of humor have trouble w/ the titles.
>Not me. No ego. Plus *everyone* has to start
>somewhere right? Not to mention the level
>of tech. detail is hitting us at an exponential
>rate. Everyone needs reference books that
>quickly give us sustinct answers.

When I was in grad school circa 1970, a friend of mine proposed the Simple
Shit Series (sample title: _Nuclear Physics for Simple Shits_). He was ahead
of his time.

--Wayne
Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com
"Connecting People With Information"