Re: Dummies books and more on "Idiot Audience"

Subject: Re: Dummies books and more on "Idiot Audience"
From: Julie <nobozos -at- SOUND -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 15:49:37 -0600

At 12:15 PM 11/17/97 -0800, Elna Tymes wrote:
>Dummies books aren't written for the truly stupid. They are written for
>ordinary people who are trying to use a software tool to do something
>productive. Among other things, they're great experimental grounds for
>balancing a light tone with hard-core techie details, for use of
>graphics, for white space/text ratios, for page design, for different
>forms of quick-reference material, etc.

All I have to say on this subject is that I recommend the Dummies books to
all my relatives and in-laws. I have empirical evidence that they work,
because the number of frantic Julie-please-help-me-I-broke-it calls
decreases dramatically after the relative reads the book and gets a grip.

Julie

---------------------Julie-----Writer for Hire-----Nrrrd-----
----------nobozos -at- sound -dot- net-----http://www.sound.net/~nobozos