Re: Question 101

Subject: Re: Question 101
From: Janet Ring <janet -at- LIVEPICTURE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 16:02:55 -0800

Terence wrote:
>While reading submissions to the list I have come across several
>references to "such-and-such 101". Can someone please enlighten me >as to the derivation of the 101?

I think what you're referring to in your post is a colloquialism in English (in the United States) to mean that something is very basic or introductory. In the United States education system, basic high school or college classes are often numbered "101." More advanced classes have higher numbers.

I hope this helps.

Janet

Janet Ring (408) 430-4333
Live Picture, Inc. janet -at- livepicture -dot- com
5617 Scotts Valley Drive
Suite 180
Scotts Valley, CA 95066
http://www.livepicture.com

Posts: mailto:techwr-l -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu Commands: mailto:listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g. SIGNOFF TECHWR-L) Archives: http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html, http://www.documentation.com/, or http://www.dejanews.com/ Subjects: JOB:, QUESTION:, SUMMARY:, ANNOUNCE:, or none of these.