Re: Boolean or boolean

Subject: Re: Boolean or boolean
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 12:51:25 -0800

Eric Thomas wrote:

> Here's a strange one... my engineers and I are having a discussion about
> whether to capitalize the "B" in Boolean operator or leave it lowercase.
> They insist that it should be lowercase - and have even made some jokes
> about only liberal arts majors capitalizing it. I've looked in Webster's
> New Unabridged dictionary, the American Heritage Dictionary and the
> Microsoft Manual of Style, and they all indicate that you always capitalize
> it. Does anyone have an authoritative opinion?

Boolean is always capitalized.

Always happy to give an "authoritative opinion." ;->

- David Knopf

David Knopf Tel: 415-731-8398 david -at- knopf -dot- com
Knopf Online Fax: 415-731-8399 http://www.knopf.com/
* Writing * WinHelp * Web Sites * Training * Consulting *
"Blue Sky RoboHELP Certified Trainer"