Re: Website HTML Tool Needed

Subject: Re: Website HTML Tool Needed
From: Kathy Bruni <kbruni -at- WALLDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 09:58:00 -0800

There is a wonderful utility called Search and Replace that will
change whatever you want in unopened files. You have to buy
the registered version ($25.00 when I bought mine) in order to
get the full functionality (the replace function is not enabled in
the shareware version).

I highly recommend it. When the area code for our
telephone numbers changed, I had to change the telephone
number in over 200 documents, and the idea of spending a
week opening and searching documents to change
telephone numbers did not appeal to me. That's when I found
Search and Replace, and I love it!

Here is the information on where to find it:

Funduc Software Inc.
Search and Replace and other Windows 95/NT utilities at URL below.
info -at- funduc -dot- com
http://www.funduc.com

Have fun!
Kathy Bruni
kbruni -at- walldata -dot- com

----------
From: Bill Sullivan
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
Subject: Website HTML Tool Needed
Date: Thursday, November 20, 1997 8:25AM

For the Windows 95 or Windows NT environment, is there a tool capable
of doing search and replace operations on multiple, unopened files?
Obviously, a tool that can save you the time and trouble of opening,
fixing, and then saving and closing all the files associated with a
given web site is a useful tool indeed.

In the Mac environment, this is done with a tool called HTML Grinder.

Bill Sullivan
bsullivan -at- email -dot- exide -dot- com
San Diego, California