Re: QUESTION: Inherited ugly Word 7.0 documents

Subject: Re: QUESTION: Inherited ugly Word 7.0 documents
From: "Cramer, Kim" <kcramer -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 06:41:00 -0700

From: Cheryle Wiese
The problem is, this manual is UGLY. She wants to go through and apply
styles to the manual while she's editing it. But she's not sure of the
best/quickest way to do this.
Any suggestions for working with ugly, hand-me-down docs?
*****

I'd first print the doc in its ugly version as a guide for the new
styles. Then I'd change the whole doc to Normal style, and attach a
template that contains the styles I want to use in the document.
Finally I'd go through the doc applying styles (using the printout as a
guide). I'd do all the Heading 1s, then the Heading 2s, and so on until
the doc is complete (the F4 repeat key really speeds this up in Word 6).

HTH
Kim Cramer
mailto:kcramer -at- ncslink -dot- com
Sr. Information Developer