Re: Printing "booklets"

Subject: Re: Printing "booklets"
From: David Chisma <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 08:13:29 +1100

Dave Chisma wrote:

I had the experience this year of printing a 16 page Word booklet using
ClipBook. CB is set up as an additional driver to the printer you
select. First you print out all the sheets for one side, then put them
back through the printer and print the other side. I never could get it
to work on the duplex printer: too many other people were trying to
access the printer while I was mucking around with the CB job.

It seemed to work fairly well except for making some unwanted changes to
styles (in my case, it messed up the right margin on a generated TOC).

I can't recommend it for a network environment. You really need to have
a dedicated printer (preferably near your desk). In the end we gave
individual pages to a print shop along with a copy of one of the many CB
outputs that weren't quite right and had them do the production.

My verdict: a complete waste of time. We should have sent it to the
print shop in the first place.

Cheers, Dave Chisma
chisma -at- c031 -dot- aone -dot- net -dot- au