Re: FrontPage 98 Beta Frustrations

Subject: Re: FrontPage 98 Beta Frustrations
From: John Posada <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 14:49:42 -0500

Cheryle...I've been using FP for over a year now. Regarding the following, please don't shoot the messenger, just relaying what FP does.

Yes, FP may do things to the code that you may enter in HTML view.

You have two different issues here. One is "cleaning up" the code such as deleting extra tags and the other is adding your own html code.

Second issue first. FP has an option for adding code that you don't want touched. You don't add it in HTML view. You add it in Normal view...wait, wait...hang in there a minute. Place the cursor where you want the new code to be inserted. Then, press the "Insert HTML" button...the left-most button on the Advanced toolbar. A window will open up and in this window you add your code. You can also paste it into this window from clipboard if you are "borrowing" the code from somewhere else. You will see the results of the code in normal view with the Unknown Code Placeholder. Understand that FP will not check whether this code is "correct" or not.

The other issue about "annoying tags". Get over it. Your browser doesn't mind them, so you shouldn't either. Some of the cleaning may stick, some may revert back to the way they were.

Think of it as two steps forward, one step backward.

John Posada