Re: FrontPage 98 Beta Frustrations

Subject: Re: FrontPage 98 Beta Frustrations
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 15:30:13 -0600

defines a paragraph. A paragraph is an object, and it's supposed to
start and end. I used to think of <p> as a paragraph-end marker, but now
I have seen the light.

Fp98 loves to insert are another story. Sorry, but my browser does mind
- I've cleaned up documents where half the file size was taken up
modifying the typography and then unmodifying it without using the
modification. Wasted download time, and possibly increasing the odds of
crashing the browser by making it work too hard.
(Am I the only one who experiences browser failure a couple of times a
day on both NS and IE, 3 and 4? Making the browser do pointless font
dances just seems like giving it more opportunities to trip.)
More annoyingly, the stacked up font and style specifications sometimes
prevent Fp98 from changing the style when you want it changed, and
sometimes cause FP98 to show a style or fort other than the one the
browser will show.
This problem happens mostly when you play around with the typography.
When you clean it up, it tends to stay cleaned up. Sort of. Until you
mess with it.

That being said, Fp98 is a pretty good program, and I'm going to order a
paid-for copy when the beta expires.