Re: Winhelp32 Supported Fonts

Subject: Re: Winhelp32 Supported Fonts
From: "Martin, Chuck" <chuckm -at- EVOLVESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 1997 14:49:59 -0800

On Tuesday, December 02, 1997 2:16 PM, CHRIS LYNCH
[SMTP:CLYNCH -at- SPECTRUMHR -dot- COM] wrote:
> Does anyone have a list of fonts that are supported by the Winhelp 32
> compiler? I want to use something other than the standard Arial and
> Times New Roman for our help files.

The Help compiler will support any font on your development system. Now,
what will your users have?

For mass distribution, most WinHelp authors don't even use Arial and
Times New Roman. Rather, we use MS Serif and MS Sans Serif, two system
fonts that are on every Windows system and that are designed for optimal
appearance on 72 dpi computer screens.

--
"You don't look American."
"Everyone looks American, because Americans are from everywhere."

- Doonesbury
Chuck Martin, Technical Writer
Evolve Software | Personal
chuckm -at- evolvesoftware -dot- com | writer -at- grin -dot- net
www.evolvesoftware.com | www.grin.net/~writer