Re: Getting certified as a Tech Writer

Subject: Re: Getting certified as a Tech Writer
From: Beth Agnew <bagnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:08:35 -0500

Linda Laurie wrote:
> I'm certified through the University of Washington. They have a
certificate
> program that takes a year to complete. Is that the type of certification
> you're talking about? Many colleges offer some kind of certificate
program for
> technical writing now a days.
>
> Lin

No flame to Linda, but really, folks, do you think having a certificate in
technical writing is the same as being "certified" as a technical writer?

I don't. (And I'm not getting into a discussion about certification. Just
wanted to nit pick the connotation of "certified".)

--Beth

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
65 Allstate Parkway, Suite 100 Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 9X1 Fax: (905) 513-1419
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com

See my friendly face at:
http://www.bayside.net/users/cbsites/techwr-l/a.htm#agnewb