context-sensitive help

Subject: context-sensitive help
From: Aaron Morrison <AaronM -at- MEDCMP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 1997 09:32:04 -0500

Hello All.
I will send this message to both the techwr-l list and the winhelp list.

Does anyone know of a way to have a Help window open without acquiring
focus?
We want our users to press F1 within a field to open a Help window, but
we want the cursor to remain in the field so they can continue entering
data with the help window still visible. The help window is small, of
course.
Currently, the user must press Esc to close the window or "re-click" in
the field to resume typing.

Thanks for your help.

Aaron W. Morrison
Technical Writer
Medic Computer Systems
My views are mine and not those of Medic.

"Some editors are failed writers, but so are most writers."
- T.S. Eliot