Ventura index in PDF

Subject: Ventura index in PDF
From: Claire Kapiri <claire -at- NOTES -dot- CTL -dot- COM -dot- CY>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 08:45:51 +0200

Hi,

I am distilling a number of documents from Ventura 5 on windows 95 using
Distiller 3.0.

Before distilling I renumber, and regenerate the TOC and Index twice.

I want the bookmarks in the final PDF to be displayed so that TOC and index
enteries reflect the levels defined in the printed document. This happend
beautifully with the TOC so that on opening the PDF the only bookmark
displayed is "Contents". Users then click on the triangle to access the
other entris.

With the index all entries, main or sub entries, have bookmarks displayed
at the same level. I can change then in Excghange but would prefer to keep
as much editing work confined to the original document as possible. (I have
40 or so 600 page manuals to distill).

Can anyone suggest a way to edit the Ventura document so that Distiller
creates index entries with the correct hierarchy?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Claire
Claire Kapiri
Technical Writer
Card Tech Limited
Nicosia
Cyprus
Tel: +357 2 376671
Fax: +357 2 377412
Email: claire -at- ctl -dot- com -dot- cy