Re: Symbols conventions: file servers, classes, etc.

Subject: Re: Symbols conventions: file servers, classes, etc.
From: "Liscum, Dean" <DLiscum -at- DYNASTY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 10:11:39 -0600

>I'm doing a set of graphics for a developer's guide, which included
>symbols for browsers, web servers, database,
>agents, and, mixed in, java packages, classes, methods...

>I've just used a random assortment of circles, squares, ovals, etc.,
>with drop shadows.

I work for a company that produces an object-oriented programming tool.
We use Unified Modeling Language (UML) conventions for all analysis and
design, which
includes a plethora of diagrams.

UML is a convention that was designed and is championed by Rational
Software.
Rational has a number of web pages on its website (www.rational.com)
dedicated to UML.
UML Version 1.1 should be adopted by the Object Modeling Group (OMG )
sometime next year.
It is already recognized as a de facto standard.

The "graphics" are not pretty (they're schematic), but they get the job
done, and they're widely
recognized throughout the OO community.

Hope this helps

Dean