Making documents available to programmers on intranet

Subject: Making documents available to programmers on intranet
From: John Posada <posada -at- FAXSAV -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 13:37:23 -0500

Some of you may remember a thread where we discussed making internal documents available to internal programmers and I mentioned that I place documents in PDF and postscript form for viewing and download from our intranet site.

I thought that maybe some of you might be interested in an additional option that I made available that just bumped me up about 3 notches on their list.

I've created an html page containing just the Table of Contents for each document. This gives them the ability to verify that the document they think they are looking at is really the document they want.

Since I create all (almost all) the documents in Frame, I use the Save as HTML capability to convert the TOC file of the document. I don't play around with tweaking, so it takes a total of 1 minute additional work on my part.

It was a VERY popular enhancement.

John Posada, Technical Writer (and proud of the title)
The world's premier Internet fax service company: The FaxSav Global Network
-work http://www.faxsav.com -personal http://www.tdandw.com
-work mailto:posada -at- faxsav -dot- com -personal mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
-work phone: 908-906-2000 X2296 -home phone: 732-291-7811
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for them.

HEY! Are you coming to the NJ TechWriter lunch? So far, about 10
of us are. Ask me about it.