Technophobia/Information Anxiety

Subject: Technophobia/Information Anxiety
From: NICHOLAS RICHARD MR <nrm -at- COVENTRY -dot- AC -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 10:55:05 +0000

From Nick Peake

I am currently studying in the third year for a BA in Technical
Communication at Coventry University, England and I am writing because I
need a bit of help.

I am searching for articles on information anxiety and work-placed stress
brought on by the introduction of new technologies. In specific: the
effects of computerisation on the Technical Communicator. I am trying to
find out if it exists. Is it an actual phobia or is it brought about by the
sheer stress of playing 'catch-up' with advancing technology and
increasing productivity work-loads? What are the symptoms and consequences?

I'm currently ploughing through Wurman's 'Information Anxiety' book but I
would appreciate any information about other books, articles or decent
web-sites about this subject. I'm also looking for any personal
experiences too.

Ta very much

Nick