FWD: Re: Interns@ $10 an hour

Subject: FWD: Re: Interns@ $10 an hour
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 06:15:13 -0700

Forwarded anonymously on request.

*******************

I am in my second intern position. I work for $6.00 an hour. I'm
thankful for it. While it would be wonderful to make more, let's count
our blessings: many interns in fields such as journalism don't get paid
at all.

The answer to the question "Who can live on $10 (or less) an hour?" is not
fun, but it's practical. I have a second job and, in addtion, I have
found that it's amazing how little money you can live on when you just
don't have it.

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com